Commonwealth Crypto is one of the top venture-backed blockchain startups in Boston. We’re building a critical infrastructure layer for one of the fastest growing industries in the global innovation economy and we’re looking for an excellent developer who is ready to dive into the exciting blockchain ecosystem!
Our vision is to create the most secure standard of “trustless” exchange -- two parties trading without having to trust each other or a third-party (who can be negligent or dishonest). What ‘Norton Secured’ did for ecommerce, we’re doing for crypto trading.
Our product allows traders to maintain custody their digital assets even while trading at a cryptocurrency exchange. Our tech ensures that no one, even a compromised or hacked exchange, has the power to take custody of a trader’s digital assets.
Our opportunity is to work on leading edge of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency technology, bringing to market new ideas and products that were previously conceived only in a research lab, and establishing CwC as a leader in the space. Our team is incredibly motivated by this and we’re looking for a person who will join and add to that excitement.
Our culture is focused on our employees’ professional growth and development. We encourage and welcome diverse perspectives, lifelong learners, and challengers of the status quo. We aim to be transparent, inclusive, and supportive. Like any successful startup, we evaluate thoughtfully, and execute quickly. We are a "flat" team where everyone's opinion counts. We take pride in our work and our teammates.
About the role: As a backend engineer on our team, You'll be writing the application code for our secure cryptocurrency trading protocols. But this job is NOT just about writing code! You work with our core engineering team to deeply understand and contribute to the design of our secure cryptocurrency trading protocols.
You'll be doing C# development on Linux in AWS, and work with blockchain, networking, security, and storage solutions. Specifically, you will:
- Work with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrency and cryptographic protocols and implementations
- Work with our founders and core team to design and improve our secure protocols for cryptocurrency trading
- Implement our secure trading protocols and APIs in C# on Linux in AWS.
- Use, integrate and contribute to a variety of open-source blockchain implementations
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to contribute to our world-class secure cloud deployment
We have years of experience training secure protocol, blockchain and crypto developers from the ground up, so we value applications from excellent engineers who want to make the transition into the blockchain/cryptocurrency space.
- 2+ years of production development, git and unit-testing frameworks.
- Comfort in a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility for and deliver clean code
- Desire to build secure software
- Desire to learn about and work with cryptography, blockchain and security protocols
- You are sharp enough to understand the finer points of cryptography, blockchain and protocol design.
- You can write clean, reliable, properly tested code
- You can think through all the steps required to develop component of secure code, and won't need us to hold your hand
Bonus Points if…
- You have a background in cryptography, blockchain or fintech
- You have contributed to the development of blockchain or cryptography projects
- You have experience with C#
- You follow developments in blockchain and/or digital assets.
- You trade or own any digital assets.
- You have experience in fintech or capital markets.
Why join us?
- Our team is highly technical, motivated and bright. There is no better place to learn and geek out on blockchain and security
- You will play a key role in shaping the design and architecture of our platform
- Our company culture is built around the technical development of our engineers.
- You gain expertise in cryptography, cryptocurrency and secure cloud deployment from experts in the field.
We work out of a beautiful office in the heart of downtown Boston, in close proximity to our lead VC and other fintech startups, as well as a ton of interesting cafes and restaurants.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and stock option plan, commensurate with experience.