Full Stack Developer
Commonwealth Crypto is one of the top venture-backed blockchain startups in Boston. We’re building a critical infrastructure layer for one of the fastest growing industries in the global innovation economy.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of UI/ UX design wireframes to actual code, and tying these interfaces in with our back-end systems and 3rd-party APIs. You will work with the UI/UX designer and backend developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. But this job is NOT just about writing code! You will need to deeply understand and contribute to the design of our secure cyptocurrrency trading protocols.
Our vision is to create the most secure standard of “trustless” exchange -- two parties trading without having to trust each other or a third-party (who can be negligent or dishonest). What ‘Norton Secured’ did for ecommerce, we’re doing for crypto trading.
Our product allows traders to maintain custody their digital assets even while trading at a cryptocurrency exchange. Our tech ensures that no one, even a compromised or hacked exchange, has the power to take custody of a trader’s digital assets.
Our opportunity is to work on leading edge of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency technology, bringing to market new ideas and products that were previously conceived only in a research lab, and establishing CwC as a leader in the space. Our team is incredibly motivated by this and we’re looking for a person who will join and add to that excitement.
Our culture is focused on our employees’ professional growth and development. We encourage and welcome diverse perspectives, lifelong learners, and challengers of the status quo. We aim to be transparent, inclusive, and supportive. Like any successful startup, we evaluate thoughtfully, and execute quickly. We are a "flat" team where everyone's opinion counts. We take pride in our work and our teammates.
- 2+ years experience with production full-stack development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of version control systems, such as Git
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility for, and deliver clean code
- Desire to build secure software
- You can build responsive feature-complete web applications
- You can translate design wireframes to actual interfaces that look and behave correctly
- You can write clean, reliable, properly tested code
- You can build reusable code and libraries for future use
- You can think through all the steps required to develop components of secure code, and won’t need us to hold your hand
- You optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
Bonus Points if…
- You have a proficient understanding of Angular 2+ and ElectronJS
- You are familiar with TypeScript
- You have a proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- You are familiar with using package control systems such as NPM
- You have a background in blockchain or fintech
- You follow developments in blockchain and/ or digital assets
- You trade or own any digital assets (edited)
Why join us?
- Our team is highly technical, motivated and bright. There is no better place to learn and geek out on blockchain and security
- You will play a key role in shaping the design and architecture of our platform
- Our company culture is built around the technical development of our engineers.
- You gain expertise in cryptography, cryptocurrency and secure cloud deployment from experts in the field.
- We work out of a beautiful office in the heart of downtown Boston, in close proximity to our lead VC and other fintech startups, as well as a ton of interesting cafes and restaurants.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and stock option plan, commensurate with experience.